Can the process get any more complicated?
- Medical insurance: a necessary evil of our society
- EOB (explanation of benefits)
- Factors that are driving up the cost of healthcare
- Authorization is a four letter word
- Who is best to know what is medical necessary for the patients?
- Hurdles for orthopedic surgeons and other healthcare professionals to deliver care
- Some patients wage in
- Restaurant analogy. What if restaurants were run as Healthcare?
- Works comp (insurance for injured workers)
- The obstacles got way out of control
- The public needs to notice, the government needs to notice too
Insurance, much like death and taxes, has become an unavoidable component of life in the developed world. The concept is simple. You pay an affordable, recurring fee on a regular basis in exchange for the security of a payout (hopefully) when something unforeseen happens. Seems easy. The insurance company takes the risk, and for that simple fact, they make money, as they should. Somewhere along the way, this transaction has become distorted and even perverted…”